Learn to cook,
At Umami Shop, we believe in sharing with you the full culinary experience which goes beyond shopping in our store.
Learn umami ways of cooking and be able to enjoy your new cooking skills.
We teach Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and Korean cuisine, including vegetarian cooking. All of our classes are hands-on. We show and teach cooking skills, and cook up conversation while we're at it! Each class is full of fun and informative sessions, and everyone participates in the cooking activities.
Cooking class features:
- Hands-on learning.
- Everyone participates in creating all dishes being taught.
- Each class is also a sitdown tasting, including all dishes made, as well as a number of complimentaries.
- Wine pairings.
With your hands-on experience in class and the detailed recipes of the dishes being taught, you will be able to cook independently at home.
- Copies of the detailed recipes of the dishes being taught.
- Some complimentaries, such as rice, tea, soya sauce, chili sauce, wasabi, pickled ginger, etc.
- All necessary features for tasting sessions.
- Names and locations of stores where the ingredients you need for cooking at home can be found, if not sold at Umami Shop.
How to register:
Most of our cooking classes are private, but we also hold a few scheduled classes. Our classes are for groups of 4 to 6 people.
Please email us for registration and inquiries at email@example.com.
Scheduled classes are offered only in French. English courses are available as well. Please contact us at Umami Shop for further information.
Gift certificates are now available for cooking classes. To sign up for the courses, we invite you to do so in-store.
To see when the next cooking classes are, please click on this link. We hope to see you soon!